Students - How to Purchase a License
- $60 - 1 year Creative Cloud license
- $30 - 6 month Creative Cloud license
Purchase a License
Visit https://vcu.onthehub.com and sign-in with your VCU eID to purchase an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.
- Student must be actively enrolled as a part-time or full-time student at the university in good standing. Primary affiliations of "formerstudent", "accepted" (without also being actively enrolled), and "alumni" are not eligible to purchase a subscription.
- Student must agree to all terms and conditions of sale.
- Upon separation from the university, your access may be removed, and further renewal privileges of any active subscription may be revoked.
- No refunds will be provided.
Questions and Assistance
TRAINING AND EVENTS
- Students - Be there, be creative... August 2019 On-Campus Events!
- Register to participate in Creative Jam designathons. Be ready to get creative, challenge yourself, compete, and win prizes!
Keep up with the latest trends for Adobe Creative Cloud!
EXPAND YOUR CREATIVITY
PROJECT AND CLASSROOM IDEAS
- Strengthen creativity and problem solving abilities. Learn to think critically about design and mechanics of a solution.
- Develop collaboration skills by working with peers to create functional designs.
- Unlike papers that are filed away, digital projects allow student work to be shared with others.
- Explore new concepts through prototyping and storyboarding.
- Discover how to connect with audiences, instructors and classmates using multimodal sensory immersion techniques--creating a seamless combination of sight, motion, sound, voices, music, and more.
- Adobe provides career-relevant digital tools so that students across all disciplines can actively participate in the classroom and graduate with digital skills for the workplace.
- Voices, speeches, interviews, and other audio recordings provide a virtual sense of closeness and immediacy.
- Audio recordings can be precisely edited, controlled, and manipulated to create unique productions referred to as
- Podcasting - tell a story
- Photo essays - use a series of photographs to tell a story and evoke emotions from viewers.
- Photojournalism - tell a story with photos.
- Marketing strategies - create unique designs and branding for a company or product.
- Storyboarding - plan each phase of your project visually; view the
big picture, fill in details, and improve production time.
Demonstration of Knowledge, Skills and Collaboration
- Game design - develop creative, functional designs that can be used for entertainment and/or educational purposes.
- Design visual representations with a sequence of Photoshop projects that align with the concepts explored in class. (ecosystems, evolution, DNA, mathematical, etc.)
- Explore new concepts and ideas by designing a prototype and use it to experiment and improve before the creating the final product.
- Create a
claymation videoto demonstrate or explain a concept (human circulatory system, photosynthesis, globalization, etc.)
- Create a web-based portfolio to showcase your creative work.
VCU STUDENT SHOWCASE
VCU School of the Arts student and Adobe Top Talent award winner, Mary Metzger used Adobe to design a student magazine highlighting the impact of invisible chronic illnesses.
Click the images below to view Mary's portfolio and award-winning project.
Questions or Assistance
- For assistance with your license purchase, please contact OnTheHub support.
- For information about licensing guidelines: VCU Adobe Student Terms and Conditions
- Other Adobe questions or requests may be directed to the VCU IT Support Center at: