Faculty and Staff Information
Free Workshops for Faculty! Refer to the "Training and Resources" tab below.
LICENSE TYPES AND PRICING
- Named User License
- This license is assigned to an individual by their VCU eID. The "named user" may install the software on two computers, but may not access both at the same time. An internet connection is required to activate the license and to connect every 99 days to maintain an active account. The license provides you with all the latest mobile apps, file sharing and synchronizing, 24/7 tech support, etc.
- $190 - 1 year Named User Creative Cloud license
- $60 - 1 year Named User Acrobat license
- Shared Device License
- This license is ideal for desktop computing labs and classroom computers. The license is assigned to the computer and may not be accessed from multiple locations.
- $190 - 1 year Shared Device Creative Cloud license
REQUEST A LICENSE
- FACULTY AND STAFF should complete and submit an Adobe License Request & Adobe Cloud Storage Form.
Access to fonts and Adobe Cloud storage must be requested through the License Request Form. Access to Adobe fonts does require access to Adobe Cloud storage. The MCV campus and high risk business units on the Monroe Park campus may be denied access to Adobe Cloud storage due to IT Security concerns. Please contact IT Security Office if you have any questions.
- DEPARTMENTS - Faculty or staff purchasing Creative Cloud or Acrobat with university funds should contact your departmental Adobe representative. There is a substantial savings when purchased through VCU's enterprise agreement. If you do not know your Adobe representative, please email email@example.com for assistance.
TERMINATE A LICENSE
- Named User Licenses: Complete and submit an Terminate an Adobe License Form.
- To use this form you must be listed as a unit liaison and signed-in to your VCU Google account. If you are not currently listed as a liaison, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shared Device Licenses: Email us at email@example.com with the following details:
- Number of systems
- Campus and building name
DOWNLOAD CREATIVE CLOUD APPS
- University-Owned Devices
- Please contact your department's technical personnel.
- IT personnel can find Adobe Creative Cloud information in the TUG wiki. If needed, please submit a request for access to the wiki.
- Personally-Owned Devices
- Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps on your personally-owned device.
- Adobe Spark requires an Adobe ID for login. If you do not have an Adobe ID, you will need to create one. Instructions are located in the Software Center, under Adobe Spark.
- For information about licensing guidelines: VCU Faculty/Staff Terms and Conditions
The Adobe Education Exchange offers free professional development and teaching materials to educators. See how faculty are preparing students for success by integrating creative assignments across disciplines. Choose from hundreds of projects for classes from journalism to English to the sciences.
Explore a variety of self-paced courses to help you get started. Some are subject-specific, while others provide techniques on integration of digital literacy. Examples:
Ignite creativity in your classroom! Teach your students skills that transfer to the workplace--students can use Creative Cloud apps in their careers far beyond graduation.
- Create videos that help students make an impact
- Turn research into compelling infographics
- Build a stunning web page in seconds
- Discover Adobe for Academics
- Digital Literacy Blog
- Easy Strategies for Fostering Digital Literacy and Learning
FACULTY CREATIVE JAMS
Tune in remotely to learn a digital design tool, work through a class-room project, and collaborate with your colleagues from other Universities.
- Learn about Faculty Jams: PDF or Web
- Sign Up: Faculty Jam Registration
- Watch recorded events:
- Adobe XD Faculty Jam: https://www.facebook.com/adobecreativejam/videos/504059790351702/
- Adobe Faculty Jam with Students: https://www.facebook.com/adobecreativejam/videos/707309033025735/
- A group of VCU students (Team Nautilab) joined the Adobe/IBM Creative Jam online and submitted their app prototype for a chance to win. Take a look at their Climate Impact on Fisheries app.
Find additional creative ideas and training in our Facutly/Staff Training and Resources section.
- Free online, self-paced training for instructors:
- Get Started Series - Creativity In Every Classroom - JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING 2020!
- Adobe Faculty Workshop Collection
- New features and on-campus or online events
GUIDES, TUTORIALS, AND WORKSHOPS
- Faculty interested in learning more about creating course content and student assignments with Adobe should visit the VCU Learning Media team in the ALTLab. They will be offering several workshops, which will be posted on their site.
- Login using your VCU eID and browse the training offered at LinkedIn Learning.
- Free instructor workshops and webinars provided online by Adobe. Visit https://edex.adobe.com/en/professional-development/courses to view the offerings and enroll.
- Adobe Creative Cloud User Guide
- Creative Cloud for new users
- Adobe Creative Learning Hub
- Digital Literacy Blog
Keep up with the latest trends for Adobe Creative Cloud!
For assistance or to inquire about Adobe licensing:
- Call the IT Support Center at (804) 828-2227
- Email the IT Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email VCU Adobe licensing coordinators at email@example.com
- For login or account issues, submit a Service Request ticket
Faculty interested in learning more about creating course content and student assignments with Adobe should visit the Learning Media team in the ALTLab. They will be offering several workshops, which will be posted on their site.